All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis DVD contains a long film about the work of Magnum photographer Martin Parr, who'd been followed by the director for more than a month. It includes an important selection of interviews about Parr's work, with extra content about a unique perspective on leisure and habits of the American people. Contains a long interview with Parr and other great personalities of the international world of photography.
- Author BiographyMartin Parr was born in Epsom, Surrey, UK, in 1952. He studied photography at Manchester Polytechnic, from 1970 to1973 and, since then, he has worked on numerous photographic projects.He has developed an international reputation for his innovative imagery, hisoblique approach to social documentary, and his input to photographicculture within the UK and abroad.In 1994 he became a full member of Magnum Photographic Corporation.In recent years, he has developed an interest in filmmaking, and has startedto use his photography within different conventions, such as fashion andadvertising.Martin Parr was appointed Professor of Photography in 2004 at TheUniversity of Wales Newport campus.Martin Parr was Guest Artistic Director for Rencontres D'Arles in 2004.In 2006 Martin Parr was awarded the Erich Salomon Prize and the resultingAssorted Cocktail show opens at Photokina.In 2008 Martin Parr was guest curator at New York Photo Festival, curatingthe New Typologies exhibition.Parrworld opened at Haus de Kunst, Mucich, in 2008. The show exhibitedParr's own collection of objects, postcards, his personal photographycollection of both British and International artists, photo books and finallyhis own photographs. The exhibition toured Europe for the following 2 years.At PhotoEspana, 2008, Martin Parr wins the Baume et Mercier award inrecognition of his professional career and contributions to contemporaryphotography.Martin Parr curated the Brighton Photo Biennial that took place in October2010.
- Author(s)Martin Parr
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight80 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.