All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionASK NOT WHAT THE BUTLER DID, BUT WHAT HE CAN DO FOR YOU We all kw the cliche from the movies and board games about the butler doing it, but what was it the butler did? In the hotel environment, the butler can be a failed experiment or a service facility that commands high-rack rates and keeps occupancy rates at 100%. Where the butler fails in hotels, it is because he is cast in (frankly) degrading-to-the-profession roles such as bath butler, fireplace butler, techlogy butler, baby butler (who provides rocking chairs and watches children), dog butler, ski butler, and beach butler. The idea being that anything offering superior service in some small area is called a butler in an effort to siphon some of the prestige of the profession. At least when the term valet was extended to dumb valet, that furniture item upon which one lays out clothing for the following day, there was pretense that this was the real item. Fortunately for the profession, the public were t fooled or taken in by these dumb butlers and the practice has faded relatively rapidly-before it could sour the public mind on the concept of butlers in hotels. Fortunately also for the butlers working in top hotels around the world, who do justice to the profession, and the hotel managements who have recognized the value butlers bring to the bottom line and the repute of their establishments. In an industry that is completely premised on the idea of service, and in which service is a key differentiator, it's a -brainer to institute butler service. Butlers have always represented the pinnacle in service quality. This book will go a long way toward bringing about and keeping on track a butler program. When used in conjunction with standard on-site training, it will cement in place a very successful butler service that will - Allow rack rates to be raised - Create a loyal following of repeat visitors - Enhance word of mouth - Increase new business - Raise service standards throughout the facility. All of which make the investment very sound. If you would like to become a butler in a hospitality setting, or think your hotel, spa, resort or private villa could benefit from an honest-to-goodness butler program, read this book.
- Author BiographySteven Ferry, born and raised in England, has published more than twenty books since he began his writing career. Prior to that he worked as a butler, and before that, as a teacher. He now lives in Florida and New Mexico with his wife, where he continues to write, teach and consult.
- Author(s)Steven Ferry
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication12/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.