All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSex, cocaine, football, shoppinga we all have addictions. For Matthew Brace it is luxury hotels. Brace has been a happily helpless luxury hotel junkie from an early age and became so hooked that he gave up a lucrative career as a Fleet Street journalist to become a professional travel writer. Hotel Heaven is the fascinating, glamorous and hilarious account of more than a decade of relentlessly posh travel, painstaking research and an awful lot of fun. Jetting into far-flung airstrips, being chauffeured in Rolls Royces, sharing lifts with movie stars and tents with hyenas, stalking TV celebrities from behind lobby pot-plants, sipping cocktails with multi-millionaires in Hollywood, Bali and Bora Bora, and being able to smile and say good evening, how utterly delightful to make your acquaintance in 7 different languages: all part of the daily grind of the five-star hotel reviewer. In Hotel Heaven, Brace takes you inside the hallowed walls of the world's most fabulous and expensive luxury hotels. He walks you through their corridors and lush gardens, lets you plunge into their pools and luxuriate in their best suites. But things do t always go to plan for the jet-set travel writer and Brace recounts hilarious and humiliating incidents which have almost ended his career as a professional bon viveur. So dust off your Prada in-flight satchel and come on a truly fabulous round-the-world glamour trip with an incurable luxury hotel junkie. Come to Hotel Heaven!
- Author BiographyMatthew Brace is an award-winning 37-year-old travel writer/ journalist and author of the successful Hotel Heaven . He was born in Stratford-on-Avon, England. He has travelled in and reported from more than 40 countries. Matthew has been a reporter and foreign correspondent for the British national press for over a decade and now runs an international copywriting agency and media consultancy, mattbracemedia.
- Author(s)Matthew Brace
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintRandom House Australia
- Weight246 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.