CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHotel Law is a comprehensive textbook specially designed to meet the needs of students of under graduate and post graduate hotel management programmes. The book covers the various laws related to the hotel industry and illustrates them through various examples and cases. The book begins with an introduction to the Indian hospitality industry and hospitality laws. The coverage includes discussion on various laws, such as labour laws, law of torts, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 (PFA), the Food Safety and Standards Act of India 2006 (FSSAI), and liquor licensing. The impact of the environment on hotel operations is also discussed with a special focus on waste management in the different departments of a hotel. Important operational aspects such as doing business in India, business contracts, hotel licenses and permission as well as insurance are illustrated with numerous industry examples and cases. Students will find this book useful for its coverage and simple, easy-to-understand, and jargon-free language. The abundance of global and Indian industry-specific cases and examples make this book highly useful for practitioners, as well.
- Author BiographyAmitabh Devendra is a visiting faculty at FHRAI Hotel School, Greater Noida and School of Hotel and Business Management, Michigan State University, USA. He is also Proprietor of Karma Hotels & Hospitality Consultants. He has done his hotel management program from the Oberoi Hotels and General Managers Program from Cornell University, USA. Mr Devendra is a certified hotel administrator (CHA) from American Hotel and Motel Association and has over thirty three years of rich experience in the hotel industry, which spans across renowned hotel chains around the world.
- Author(s)Amitabh Devendra
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width186 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.