Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAli Smith's masterful, ambitious Hotel World was short-listed for the Booker Prize and the Orange Prize. Five people: four are living, three are strangers, two are sisters, one is dead. In her highly acclaimed and most ambitious book to date, the brilliant young Scottish writer Ali Smith brings alive five unforgettable characters and traces their intersecting lives. This is a short vel with big themes (time, chance, money, death) but an eye for tiny detail: the taste of dust, the weight of a few coins in the hand, the pleasurable pain of a stone in one's shoe... Ali Smith has got style, ideas and punch. Read her. (Jeanette Winters on). An extremely readable, easy-flowing writer and one of the subtlest and most intelligent around. Hotel World is essential reading from a writer confirming herself as a major talent...a wonderful piece of sustained imagination. (Independent). As infectious as a pop song, the story bursts open form the very first page and demands to be read in one sitting. (The Times).
- Author BiographyAli Smith was born in Inverness in 1962. She is the author of Free Love and Other Stories, Like, Other Stories and Other Stories, Hotel World, The Whole Story and Other Stories, The Accidental, Girl Meets Boy, The First Person and Other Stories, There but for the, Artful, How to be both, and Public library and other stories. Hotel World was shortlisted for the Booker Prize and the Orange Prize and The Accidental was shortlisted for the Man Booker and the Orange Prize. How to be both won the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction, the Goldsmiths Prize and the Costa Novel Award and was shortlisted for the Man Booker and the Folio Prize. Ali Smith lives in Cambridge and her next novel, Autumn, is forthcoming in the second half of 2016.
- PrizesWinner of Scottish Arts Council Book of the Year Award 2002 and Encore Award 2002. Shortlisted for Booker Prize for Fiction 2001 and Orange Prize for Fiction 2001.
- Author(s)Ali Smith
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $13.82Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $22.59
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $20.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.