About this product
- DescriptionA story about small acts of courage from the author of A Crooked Kind of Perfect.Do t let a mop sit overnight in water. Fix things before they get too big for fixing. Custodial wisdom: Mattie Breen writes it all down. She has just one week to convince Uncle Potluck to take her on as his custodial apprentice at Mitchell P. Anderson Elementary School. One week until school starts and she has to be the new girl again. But if she can be Uncle Potluck s apprentice, she ll have important work to do during lunch and recess. Work that will keep her safely away from the other fifth graders. But when her custodial wisdom goes all wrong, Mattie s plan comes crashing down. And only then does she begin to see how one small, brave act can lead to a friend who is hound dog true.
- Author BiographyLinda Urban's debut novel, A Crooked Kind of Perfect, was a BookSense pick, a New York Public Library Best Book for Reading and Sharing, and was nominated for twenty state awards. A former independent bookseller at Vroman's in Pasadena, California, she now writes full time in Montpelier, Vermont, where she lives with her family. Visit her website at www.lindaurbanbooks.com
- Author(s)Linda Urban
- PublisherHarcourt Children's Books
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarcourt Children's Books
- Weight249 g
- Width134 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.