Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to be fully alive? Magic blends with reality in a stunning coming-of-age vel about a girl, a grandfather, wanderlust, and reclaiming your roots.Things are only impossible if you stop to think about them. . . . While her friends are spending their summers having pool parties and sleepovers, twelve-year-old Carolina Carol is spending hers in the middle of the New Mexico desert, helping her parents move the grandfather she s never met into a home for people with dementia. At first, Carol avoids prickly Grandpa Serge. But as the summer wears on and the heat bears down, Carol finds herself drawn to him, fascinated by the crazy stories he tells her about a healing tree, a green-glass lake, and the bees that will bring back the rain and end a hundred years of drought. As the thin line between magic and reality starts to blur, Carol must decide for herself what is possible and what it means to be true to her roots. Readers who dream that there s something more out there will be enchanted by this captivating vel of family, renewal, and discovering the wonder of the world.
- Author BiographyLindsay Eagar lives with her daughter in the mountains of Utah Valley, Utah. Hour of the Bees is her first novel.
- Author(s)Lindsay Eagar
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight544 g
- Width147 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.