All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2001, photographer Thomas Roma was given access to the addresses of the patients of William Carlos Williams - successful doctor and legendary poet in the 1940s and 50s. These addresses were plotted on a map, becoming the route that Roma travelled and recorded over the next five years, retracing Williams' footsteps from decades past. Dr Williams would travel from Rutherford, New Jersey to Paterson, New Jersey, stopping to attend to his patients en route. Roma's photographic re-treading of this journey is an immersive experience.
- Author BiographyRobert Coles is a physician and writer, who compiled and edited The Doctor Stories of William Carlos Williams (New Directions, 1984) and wrote William Carlos Williams: The Knack of Survival in America (Rutgers University Press, 1982). Thomas Roma, a two-time recipient of the Guggenheim Fellowship, has had solo exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the International Center of Photography in New York. He is the author of five powerHouse titles: Enduring Justice ; Show & Tell ; Sicilian Passage ; In Prison Air, and last year's On Three Pillars: Torah, Worship, and the Practice of Loving Kindness, The Synagogues of Brooklyn. He is also the author of Sanctuary (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002), Higher Ground (Distributed Art Publishers Inc., 1999), Sunset Park (Smithsonian Books, 1998), Found in Brooklyn (W.W. Norton & Co., 1996), and Come Sunday (Museum of Modern Art/ Abrams, 1996). Director of Photography at Columbia University, Roma lives in Brooklyn with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Thomas Roma
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/10/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight302 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRobert Coles
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.