All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Ted Kooser and rising talent Jon Klassen comes a poignant tale of loss, change and nature's quiet triumph. When the house was new, t a single tree remained on its perfect lawn to give shade from the sun. The children in the house trailed the scent of wild trees to neighbouring lots, where thick bushes offered secret places to play. When the children grew up and moved away, their father, alone in the house, continued his battle against blowing seeds, plucking out sprouting trees - until one day he, too, moved away. Then, as the empty house began its decline, the trees began to take over. At once wistful and exhilarating, this lovely, lyrical story evokes the inexorable passage of time - and the awe-inspiring power of nature to lift us up. This title features entrancing illustrations from Jon Klassen, the author/illustrator of the best-selling I Want My Hat Back . This is the second book for children by former US poet laureate Ted Kooser. It presents a story full of magic with an ecological extra edge.
- Author BiographyTed Kooser was the Pulitzer Prize-winning US Poet Laureate from 2004 to 2006. The author of twelve full-length volumes of poetry and several non-fiction works, as well as contributor to many periodicals, he lives in Nebraska. Jon Klassen is the author/illustrator of I Want My Hat Back and an animation artist. His projects include design work for Dreamworks Feature Animation as well as Laika Studios on their feature film Coraline. Other work includes lead designs for a BBC spot used in their coverage of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, which won a 2010 BAFTA award. Jon Klassen grew up in Ontario, Canada, and now lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Ted Kooser
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date03/07/2014
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width270 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon Klassen
- Interest Age5 years +
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.40
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.61
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.04
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $7.34Trending at AU $12.11
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.75
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $24.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.