All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study addresses the issue of household food consumption, its relation to gender and to food policy in Indonesia. Using ecometric analyses of the Indonesian Family Life Survey, the study reveals that food expenditure patterns, particularly those of the poor households, warrant food policy attention. The poor households spent more on alcohol and tobacco goods when their income increased. The impact evaluation of the Rice for the Poor program reveals that the program enabled beneficiaries to increase expenditures on nutrient-rich, animal source foods; however, unintended program impacts also exist. The analysis of gender roles indicates that resource distribution and power relations within households are important considerations in the development of food policy.
- Author BiographyEvita Hanie Pangaribowo received a master degree in International and Development Economics from the Australian National University and was awarded a PhD degree in agricultural economics from the University of Bonn. Before she pursued her PhD studies, she has been working as lecturer and researcher at the Department of Environmental Geography of the Gadjah Mada University in Indonesia. Currently, she is conducting her postdoctoral research at the Center for Development Research of the University of Bonn.
- Author(s)Evita Hanie Pangaribowo
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication08/05/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleDevelopment Economics & Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.