All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionHOUSES OF THE PRESIDENTS offers a unique tour of the houses and day-to-day lives of America's presidents, from George Washington's time to the present. Author Hugh Howard weaves together personal, presidential, and architectural histories to shed light on the way our chief executives lived. Original photography by Roger Straus III brings the houses and furnishings beautifully to life. From Jefferson's Monticello to Reagan's Rancho del Cielo, with fascinating and surprising stops between and beyond, HOUSES OF THE PRESIDENTS presents a fascinating alternative history of the American presidency.
- Author BiographyHugh Howard is the author of more than a dozen books on architecture, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Madison's War. His writings have also appeared in Smithsonian, New York Times, Washington Post, House Beautiful, Preservation, Early American Life, Traditional Homes, and many other publications. He lives in East Chatham, New York, with his wife and two daughters. Roger Straus III's photography has been featured in eight books, including America's Great Railroad Stations,US I: America's Original Main Street, Mississippi Currents, Modernism Reborn, and Wright for Wright. His work has also appeared in newspapers and magazines such as the Washington Post andArchitectural Digest.
- Author(s)Hugh Howard
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content NoteIntegrated: 300 4-colour photographs
- Weight1916 g
- Width266 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.