Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on a unique ethgraphic inquiry, Ofra Goldstein-Gidoni explores the complexities of the relationship between socially and culturally constructed roles bestowed on Japanese women by a variety of state agents, including the market and the media, and the 'real' lives of these women.
- Author BiographyOFRA GOLDSTEIN-GIDONI is the chair of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Tel Aviv University, Israel, where she holds a joint position with the Department of East Asian Studies. She is the author of Packaged Japaneseness: Weddings, Business and Brides.
- Author(s)Ofra Goldstein-Gidoni
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight382 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.