Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's complex world, sometimes pictures and patterns we find in nature and in the dynamics of our lives help us discover our own strength for facing challenges and changes. Using concepts and metaphors from human systems dynamics, these haiku offer beautiful and thoughtful images of experiences and relationships that make up the tapestry of our existence. Then from those pictures, Royce draws words of affirmation to nurture adaptation and evolution in the face of life's complexity. Using language in the way an artist uses a brush, Royce paints images that are sometimes powerful, other times tender, and frequently funny. She describes for readers patterns and pictures that surround us, sharpening our awareness of the shadow and light that colors our worlds. This book is a gallery of words that can decorate our lives and remind us of our humanity.
- Author BiographyI am an artist--words, textiles, beads, pen and ink are my tools. I am a consultant and writer in Human Systems Dynamics. I am a former educator--teacher of science and English, counselor, district administrator. I am a sister to three other women who are strong, interesting, and fun. I am a mother--and now a grandmother. That is the source of my greatest joy--to watch my two daughters grow into young women who take on the world in their own ways; to play and sing with my granddaughter, who is one great miracle; and to write about that experience, to describe wonders and celebrations, questions and pain, and fears and joys that mark the journey of my life. This book shares bits of all of who I am. Images of nature and the dynamics of relationships share my perspectives about facing the challenges of being alive in today's complex and quickly changing times.
- Author(s)Royce Holladay
- PublisherGold Canyon Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGold Canyon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.