About this product
- DescriptionWhen Dr. Lutes invites 15 year old Caro back to the dark side of the planet Clytie to work with the endangered Dermocarepae delphi, or carpies, (giant turtle-like creatures), Caro is torn. Although she has a special bond with the carpies, and is thrilled with the thought of working with them and Dr. Lutes, she is very afraid of returning to the home of the fierce Lumini lupus, who attacked and scarred her so terribly on her last adventure into the End region. But how can Caro admit she is so afraid? Soon, she finds herself with friends Sherri and Hal, and brother Ricky, driving with Uncle Lee deeper and deeper into the dark where the End Base is located. But it seems that the Central Scientific Community has more sinister plans for the gentle giants of Clytie's oceans than anyone thought. Caro, Sherri, Hal, and Ricky enter Clytie's underground tunnels and caves to rescue the carpies, but find much more than they could have imagined. Who is this mysterious furred man living underground, surrounded by lumies? Will Caro be able to face her fears and triumph over her terror of the dark? Book Two of The Orbits of Clytie Series. Young Adult Science Fiction Fantasy, Ages 12 and up.
- Author(s)Fay Lapka Richardson
- PublisherFox Song Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Song Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.