All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeach current and future professionals the business communication skills they need for success with HOW 14: A HANDBOOK FOR OFFICE PROFESSIONALS. Since 1975, HOW and its subsequent editions have been recognized as the leading reference source for business writers, office personnel, and students. Each new edition addresses the most recent changes in today's language and the latest developments in the business environment. This easy-to-understand reference manual is invaluable for any professional in organizational operations. HOW 14 offers detailed and precise direction for writing, formatting, and transmitting effective communications as well as effectively utilizing social media. Unlike other reference books, HOW 14 is specifically designed to serve as a convenient resource and learning guide for writing style, grammar, mechanics, and modern techlogies in today's business or office environment. This book is ideal as a stand-alone reference or as a supplement in your course.
- Author BiographyMr. James Clark earned a BS and an MS degree from the University of Southern California. He was a professor of business at Pasadena City College for 11 years and subsequently served as dean of the Business Division for 17 years. Before joining the Pasadena City College staff, Mr. Clark was an assistant professor at California State University, Los Angeles, and a teacher at Burbank and La Puente High Schools. He also taught part-time in the extension programs at UCLA and USC. He has held memberships and offices in professional organizations, such as the California Business Education Association, the National Business Education Association, Delta Pi Epsilon, and The Association for Business Communication. Mr. Clark has conducted a number of communication seminars for the Culinary Union, the American Right of Way Association, Caltrans, the Canadian Right of Way Association, the Los Angeles Executive Training Program, and several large legal firms. He also has authored several articles on business communication. In addition to this prominent book, he has co-authored POWER: PROFESSIONAL WRITER'S ELECTRONIC RESOURCE, published by Cengage South-Western. He has author many other successful texts, including CLARKS' ONLINE REFERENCE MANUAL (South-Western College Publishing); A HANDBOOK FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS (Wadsworth Publishing Company); LANGUAGE AND WORD PROCESSING APPLICATIONS (Glencoe/McGraw-Hill); UNIVERSAL TRANSCRIPTION (PWS-KENT Publishing Company); and COLLEGE BUSINESS MACHINES (Gregg/McGraw-Hill). Dr. Lyn Clark is currently a professor of business in the Computer Applications and Office Technologies Department at Los Angeles Pierce College, where she has been serving as department chair since 2001. She is also chair of the Pierce College Council, the college's shared governance committee, and has served as first vice president of the Academic Senate. Notable college recognitions include the Professor of the Month Award and the Pierce College Foundation American Spirit Award. Dr. Clark earned her BS, MA, and EdD degrees from UCLA. Besides holding memberships in Delta Pi Epsilon, the National Business Education Association, the California Business Education Association, Theta Alpha Delta, and The Association for Business Communication, Dr. Clark has held a series of offices in several of these professional organizations. She also served as community college program director for two NBEA conventions and program chair or co-chair for three CBEA conferences. Dr. Clark has conducted numerous workshops nationwide on methods of teaching business English and communication, computer applications, and voice input. In addition to this successful text, she has written articles for numerous business education periodicals and is the author or coauthor of six business texts: BUSINESS ENGLISH AND COMMUNICATION, LANGUAGE AND WORD PROCESSING APPLICATIONS, and VOICE RECOGNITION WITH SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS, published by Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; UNIVERSAL TRANSCRIPTION, published by PWS-KENT Publishing Company; and A HANDBOOK FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS, published by Wadsworth Publishing Company. She is also the co-author of CLARKS' ONLINE REFERENCE MANUAL and PoWER: PROFESSIONAL WRITER'S ELECTRONIC RESOURCE (South-Western College Publishing).
- Author(s)James L. Clark,Lyn Clark
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/02/2016
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight839 g
- Width190 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.