Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.02+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow Airbrushes Work is a comprehensive look at airbrush use, maintenance and repair. The book begins with a brief look at airbrush history, then moves to a discussion of the various types of airbrush, gravity or siphon feed, and the advantages of each style. Each airbrush is equipped with a range of adjustments and Steve explains each one. From needle seat tension to paint flow control, the individual adjustments are explained in detail, with specific reference to the different airbrush brands. Too many first-time airbrush users have trouble because they don't kw how to clean and maintain the airbrush. This new book from Wolfgang Publications explains how to disassemble and clean all the major brands of airbrush. Whether the airbrush is from Japan or Germany, the tools and techniques needed for complete disassembly and cleaning are listed in detail. Common repairs are covered as well. Anyone who's ever wondered how to straighten a bent needle or clean a sticky air valve needs this book. Sealing threads and replacing worn needle seats are covered as well. The best airbrush in the world isn't any good without a source of air. Steve discusses different compressor types and the advantages or disadvantages of each. Is a diaphragm compressor better than a piston-style compressor? And how should that compressor be maintained? Read this book and find out. Though the book is designed to help airbrush users maintain and repair their airbrushes, Steve uses two chapters to explain airbrush painting basics. From types of paint to trigger control, Steve provides information useful to both beginners and more experienced artists. No airbrush manual is complete without a discussion of the three basics stokes, and all three are covered here with illustrations and examples. Steve closes the book with a gallery of airbrush art, and an airbrush buyers guide to help readers choose wisely when they buy their first, or their fifth, airbrush.
- Author BiographySteven Leahy works for Bear Air, the biggest supplier of airbrushes and airbrush supplies on the East Coast. One of Steve\u2019s jobs at Bear Air is to teach classes and seminars to both beginner and advanced airbrush users. He has a Fine Art degree and extensive knowledge of multiple airbrush brands.
- Author(s)Steve Leahy
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Out-of-print date19/01/2016
- Content Note351 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width209 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.