All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionA unique look at the many varying ways, times, and places that different animals sleep Mammals, insects, fish, and reptiles all get tired like us and need to sleep. This book illustrates vividly how and where they sleep in many different ways and at different times. Fish, snakes, and insects sleep with their eyes open. Birds sleep perched in trees without falling off. Bats sleep upside down for 20 hours a day. Sleeping whales and dolphins keep a part of their brains awake at all times so that they can go to the surface when they need air. Horses, elephants, zebras, and giraffes sleep standing up and for less than 4 hours a day.
- Author BiographySylvaine Peyrols is the author of The Body, Earth and Sky, Farm Animals, and How the Body Works.
- Author(s)Sylvaine Peyrols
- PublisherMoonlight Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleMy First Discoveries/Torchlight
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMoonlight Publishing Ltd
- Content Note86 FULL COLOUR ILLUSTRATIONS
- Weight350 g
- Width150 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sylvaine Peyrols
- Translated byPenelope Stanley-Baker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.