CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn the midst of the Great Depression, the people of the Blue Ridge Mountains are as colorful and unforgettable as their home. Strong, intelligent, and kind, they are a force to be reckoned with. They are determined, unyielding, and tough when challenged, and they do what is needed to protect what is theirs. They live off the land and love their music, barn dances, and moonshine whiskey with equal passion. Walter Stamey is a true Southern gentleman and a mountain man through and through. A veteran of World War I, he works hard to build an empire to provide a future for his family. During the Great Depression, Walter works his way into the moonshine business, and the Newbarn operation grows quickly. But Newbarn is too successful too soon. Now Walter has to contend with the Chicago Mafia, and everything he had worked to achieve is at risk. With the help of his son Jackson and a local detective, they work to protect their livelihood. Millard Watson grew up dirt poor, kwing thing but poverty. As an adult, he vows to break the bonds of his past to create a new future with Flora, the girl of his dreams. When Jackson offered him a chance to build that new life at Newbarn, Millard jumped at the opportunity. But is he truly willing to pay the price for his dreams? Only time will tell how far everyone will go to defend what's theirs.
- Author(s)Ken Ollis
- Date of Publication12/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight875 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.