All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $34.92
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.25
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe story we usually tell about childhood and success is the one about intelligence: Success comes to those who score highest on tests, from preschool admissions to SATs.But in How Children Succeed, Paul Tough argues for a very different understanding of what makes a successful child. Drawing on groundbreaking research in neuroscience, ecomics, and psychology, Tough shows that the qualities that matter most have less to do with IQ and more to do with character: skills like grit, curiosity, conscientiousness, and optimism.How Children Succeed introduces us to a new generation of scientists and educators who are radically changing our understanding of how children develop character, how they learn to think, and how they overcome adversity. It tells the personal stories of young people struggling to say on the right side of the line between success and failure. And it argues for a new way of thinking about how best to steer an individual child-or a whole generation of children-toward a successful future.This provocative and profoundly hopeful book will t only inspire and engage listeners; it will also change our understanding of childhood itself.
- Author BiographyPaul Tough, the author of Whatever It Takes, has written extensively about education, child development, poverty, and politics, including cover stories in the New York Times magazine. Actor and musician Dan John Miller is an award-winning audiobook narrator, having garnered multiple Audie Award nominations and one win, twice been named a Best Voice by AudioFile magazine, and received several AudioFile Golden Earphones Awards and a Listen-Up Award from Publishers Weekly.
- Author(s)Paul Tough
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Dan John Miller
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time480
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.