All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome cities offer their residents lots of cool restaurants, arts activities, and business opportunitiesbut few green spaces. Poorer areas may have empty lots or abandoned buildings, and nearby parks. Community gardens are a great idea for either of these scenariosand so many more! Through inspiring descriptions of the benefits of community gardens, including their positive ecological impact, readers will run to the nearest plot of land to start a garden! From the science of composting and organic farming to health topics like fitness and healthy eating, the motivating content will introduce readers to the fun of community gardens, which can bring communities together, help the environment, and provide a good use for unused lots. Bright, colorful photographs and descriptive sidebars and fact boxes will draw readers in even morethat is, if they havent already started planting their garden!
- Author(s)Louise Spilsbury
- PublisherGareth Stevens Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleEcoworks (Gareth Stevens)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGareth Stevens Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width231 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.