All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a yo-yo climb back up its string? Why does a boomerang come back to you? And how does a kaleidoscope work? These and other mind-bending questions are answered in this explanation text about how toys work. * Gold/Band 9 fiction books offer developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters. * Text type - An explanation text. * A table on pages 20 and 21 summarises what makes each toy featured in the book work, for example, magnets, friction or gravity. The book includes a glossary and an index on pages 22 and 23. Both provide lots of opportunities to check comprehension and stimulate work outside the reading session. *Curriculum links - Art and design: Investigate materials; Science: Forces and movement.
- Author BiographyAdrian Bradbury was born in Manchester and worked as a PE teacher before moving overseas to teach English in Europe, the Middle East and Far East. After returning to England he worked as Deputy Head in three schools and now divides his time between teaching and writing. As well as writing educational materials for HarperCollins and other publishers, he also writes humorous football books for children. His hobbies include playing the piano and all sports.
- Author(s)Gill Matthews,Sylvia Karavis
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCollins Big Cat
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight80 g
- Width192 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Series Edited byCliff Moon
- Edition StatementAmerican English ed
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.