All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionHow I Got Out of the Cotton Fields is easy to read --hard to put down. Dr. Raymon Crawford adroitly uses vivid language to weave a remarkable story of a triumphant spirit that is victorious despite heartbreaking challenges.
His words paint colorful images that breathe life onto the pages of the book-we smell the aroma of the sweet potatoes roasted in the fire place-we close our eyes and feel the cool breeze created by the cracks in the walls of the uninsulated house and strain to see by the dim kerosene lamp-we taste the Grandma Kelly's scrumptious pinto beans and cornbread - we take the journey with him.
This story of a struggle is creatively told. Raymon takes the reader on a vicarious journey to the cotton fields of North Carolina, many of us recall, as he wishes, our on cotton fields- we are inspired!
In true educator style, he enumerates the lessons learned; as a seasoned military leader, he commands us (with his riveting account) to read more, and more, until we reach the end of this compelling book. We learn the lessons.
This book is more than a simple chrology of the writer's journey from the cotton fields of North Carolina to the halls of academia-some of the most Prestigious American colleges and to the corridors of the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense-the Pentagon. It takes each reader on an enthralling trek into the depth of the human spirit.
- Author(s)Raymon E Crawford Ed D
- Date of Publication18/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDr Jackie S Henderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.