All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThick. Heavy. Big-boned. Plump. Full-figured. Chunky. Womanly. To Emery Jackson, these phrases are just nice euphemisms for the big F word of fat. But to her workout fiend dad, underwear model sister, and former Laker Girls mother, they are unacceptable states of being. Emery's cash-strapped family's solution? Signing up for a reality TV show in which Emery will have to lose fifty pounds in fifty days in order to win a million dollars. As the pounds start to drop and the ratings skyrocket, Emery feels the weight of success. And she must figure out how to turn the truths she uncovers--about beauty, love, fame, and family--into the keys to more than just fortune.
- Author BiographyKen Baker is an E! Entertainment Television News Correspondent. He is the author of Fangirl, and his memoir, Man Made: A Memoir of My Body, is the inspiration for the upcoming film The Late Bloomer. He lives (and writes) in Hermosa Beach, California. You can visit him online at kenbakernow.com or via Twitter @kenbakernow.
- Author(s)Ken Baker
- PublisherRunning Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRunning Press Kids
- Weight285 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.