All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow Master Therapists Work engages the reader in experiencing what really happens in therapy with master therapists: who they are, what they do, and how they bring about significant change in clients. It examines one master therapist's actual six-session therapy (also available on DVD) that transformed a client's life, resulting in changes that have been sustained for more than seven years. Session transcriptions directly involve the reader in every aspect of the therapeutic change process. This is followed by the commentary of a master therapist-psychotherapy researcher who explains how these changes were effected from a psychotherapy research perspective. Next, the master therapist who effected these changes explains what he was thinking and why he did what he did at key points in the therapy process. Then, the client shares her thoughts on this life changing therapeutic experience. This is a must have, one-of-a-kind book that will greatly enhance the therapeutic understanding and skills of both practicing therapists and therapists-in-training.
- Author BiographyLen Sperry, MD, PhD, is professor of mental health counseling at Florida Atlantic University and clinical professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He has practiced, researched, and taught psychotherapy for more than 40 years. He has more than 600 publications, including more than 60 books, mostly on psychotherapy. He has collaborated with Dr. Carlson on several articles, book chapters, books on psychotherapy, and other projects. Jon Carlson, PsyD, EdD, is Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Counseling at Governors State University and a psychologist at the Wellness Clinic in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. He has practiced and taught psychotherapy for more than 40 years. He has authored 160 journal articles and 60 books and created over 300 professional trade videos and DVDs with leading therapists and educators. He is the recipient of several awards for his contributions to psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Jon Carlson,Len Sperry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.