All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book presents a ntechnical view of the history of mechanics, from the Big Bang to present day. The impact of mechanics on the evolution of a variety of subjects is vividly illustrated, including astromy, geology, astrophysics, anthropology, archeology, ancient history, Renaissance art, music, meteorology, modern structural engineering, mathematics, medicine, warfare, and sports. While ermous in scope, the subject matter is covered (with ample photographic support) at a level designed to capture the interest of both the learned and the curious. The book concludes with a creative and thoughtful examination of the current state of mechanics and possibilities for the future of mechanics.
- Author BiographyDr. David Allen is Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas-Pan American and formerly, 2002-2010, Dean of the College of Engineering, University of Nebraska. He is the author of Introduction to the Mechanics of Deformable Solids, Springer, 2013.
- Author(s)David H. Allen
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/09/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note286 black & white illustrations, 95 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight664 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.