All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA poignant, revealing and hilarious memoir about what happened when a former Playschool presenter (and brothel receptionist) woke up one morning in Munich four months pregnant, without a word of German under her belt, and surrounded by Bavarians! It's a tale about friendship, marriage and motherhood and how even a feminist can own a Dirndl. Merridy Eastman has taken us into brothels in There's a Bear in There and on tour searching for true love and a perfect husband in Ridiculous Expectations. We were there when she found the man of her dreams in Germany! Who knew? In How Now Brown Frau there are hilarious consequences as she takes up residence in Munich and drags us headlong into her new husband's straight-laced Bavarian family, climbs excruciating language barriers, and grapples with a culture that seems at times to be on some other planet. It is laugh-out-loud funny and all the more so for being completely true. This is What Merridy Did Next.
- Author BiographyMerridy Eastman is the author of There's a Bear in There and Ridiculous Expectations.
- Author(s)Merridy Eastman
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight344 g
- Width139 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.