All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow Picturebooks Work is an invative and engaging look at the interplay between text and image in picturebooks. The authors explore picturebooks as a specific medium or genre in literature and culture, one that prepares children for other media of communication, and they argue that picturebooks may be the most influential media of all in the socialization and representation of children. Spanning an international range of children's books, this book examine such favorites as Curious George and Frog and Toad Are Friends, along with the works of authors and illustrators including Maurice Sendak and Tove Jansson, among others. With 116 illustrations, How Picturebooks Work offers the student of children's literature a new methodology, new theories, and a new set of critical tools for examining the picturebook form.
- Author BiographyMaria Nikolajeva is Associate Professor of Comparative Literature at both Stockholm University and Abo Academy University. Carole Scott is Professor of English and Former Dean of Undergraduate Studies at San Diego State University. She supervises the Graduate Specialization in Children's Literature at SDSU.
- Author(s)Carole Scott,Maria Nikolajeva
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleChildren's Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note75 black & white halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.