All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is an artistic masterpiece worth millions more than a convincing forgery? Pleasure works in mysterious ways, as Paul Bloom reveals in this investigation of what we desire and why. Drawing on a wealth of surprising studies, Bloom investigates pleasures ble and seamy, lofty and mundane, to reveal that our enjoyment of a given thing is determined t by what we can see and touch but by our beliefs about that thing's history, origin, and deeper nature.
- Author BiographyPaul Bloom is a professor of psychology at Yale University. He is the author of Descartes' Baby and How Pleasure Works. He has contributed to The Atlantic, the New York Times, Science, and Nature. He lives in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Paul Bloom
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.