All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWe use software every day to perform all kinds of magical, powerful tasks. It's the force behind stunning CGI graphics, safe online shopping, and speedy Google searches. Software drives the modern world, but its inner workings remain a mystery to many. How Software Works explains how computers perform common-yet-amazing tasks that we take for granted every day. Inside you'll learn: How data is encrypted How passwords are used and protected How computer graphics are created How video is compressed for streaming and storage How data is searched (and found) in huge databases How programs can work together on the same problem without conflict How data travels over the Internet How Software Works breaks down these processes with patient explanations and intuitive diagrams so that anyone can understand- technical background is required, and you won't be reading through any code. In plain English, you'll examine the intricate logic behind the techlogies you constantly use but never understood. If you've ever wondered what really goes on behind your computer screen, How Software Works will give you fascinating look into the software all around you.
- Author BiographyV. Anton Spraul has taught introductory programming and computer science for more than 15 years. He is the author of Computer Science Made Simple (Broadway), Think Like a Programmer (No Starch Press), and How Software Works (No Starch Press). He offers advice for beginning programmers in his series Learning to Program: A Guide on his website at vantonspraul.com.
- Author(s)V. Anton Spraul
- PublisherNo Starch Press,US
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationDaly City, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNo Starch Press,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width176 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.