Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionHow We Got to Coney Island is the definitive history of mass transportation in Brooklyn. Covering 150 years of extraordinary growth, Cudahy tells the complete story of the trolleys, street cars, steamboats, and railways that helped create New York's largest borough---and the remarkable system that grew to connect the world's most famous seaside resort with Brooklyn, New York City across the river, and, ultimately, the rest of the world. Includes tables, charts, photographs, and maps.
- Author BiographyBRIAN J. CUDAHY's books include Around Manhattan Island: And Other Maritime Tales ofNew York and A Century of Subways: Celebrating 100 Years of New York's Underground Railways (both Fordham). He lives in Bluffton, SC.
- Author(s)Brian J. Cudahy
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight711 g
- Width5830 mm
- Height3895 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byGeorge M. Smerk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.