All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll children get sick w and then, and most of the time they soon get well. How do they do that? How does it happen? When a mother brings her sick child to the doctor for something trivial, like a runny se, or for something more serious, like difficulty breathing, she usually hears from the doctor that this or that treatment will make the child better, or that treatment is needed at all. Some parents are content with little information; others want to kw how a child heals and why things work the way they do. Here, Johnson takes readers on a tour of the inner workings of a child's body as it heals from injury, illness, and common diseases. Readers will be fascinated by just how healing works and what they can do to assist in the process.
- Author BiographyChristopher M. Johnson, M.D., has been practicing pediatrics and talking to the parents of sick and injured children for thirty years. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1978 from Mayo Medical School and trained in general pediatrics at Vanderbilt University Children's Hospital and in pediatric infectious diseases and pediatric critical care medicine at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. During much of his career, he was Director of the Pediatric Critical Care Service at the Mayo Clinic and Professor of Pediatrics at Mayo Medical School, as well as Director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Mayo Eugenio Litta Children's Hospital. He is the author of Your Critically Ill Child: Life and Death Choices Parents Must Face and How To Talk To Your Child's Doctor: A Handbook for Parents. He writes a regular column on children's health issues for PTA Magazine.
- Author(s)Christopher M. Johnson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight331 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.