All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1993, fifty theological seminaries have created opportunities for high school students to participate in on-campus High School Theology Programs (HSTPs) that invite them to engage in serious biblical and theological study. Many of the young people who take part in these programs go on to become pastoral or lay leaders in their churches. What has made these programs so successful - especially given the well-documented crisis of faith among young people today? In this book thirteen contributors - each of whom has created or led one of these invative theology programs - investigate answers to this question. They examine the pedagogical practices the HSTPs have in common and explore how they are contributing to the leadership of the church. They then show how the lessons gleaned from these successful programs can help churches, deminations, and seminaries reimagine both theological education and youth ministry.
- Author BiographyKenda Creasy Dean is Mary D. Synnott Professor of Youth, Church, and Culture at Princeton Theological Seminary. Her other books include Almost Christian: What the Faith of Our Teenagers Is Telling the American Church and Practicing Passion: Youth and the Quest for a Passionate Church. Christy Lang Hearlson is an ordained Presbyterian pastor and a PhD candidate at Princeton Theological Seminary.
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChristy Lang Hearlson,Kenda Creasy Dean
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.