All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bible continues to be the world's runaway best-seller. But very few people could say just how its seemingly disparate jumble of writings, stories, letters, poems, collections of laws, religious visions, got there. Filling this kwledge gap, How the Bible Was Built clearly tells the story of how the Bible came to be. Penned by Charles Merrill Smith in response to his teenage granddaughter's questions, the manuscript was discovered after Smith's death and has been reworked by his friend James Bennett for a wider audience. Free of theological or sectarian slant, this little volume provides a concise, factual overview of the Bible's construction throughout history, outlining how its various books were written and collected and later canized and translated. Written in an easy conversational style and enhanced by two helpful appendixes (of biblical terms and dates), How the Bible Was Built will give a more informed understanding of the Bible to people of virtually any reading level and any religious persuasion.
- Author BiographyCharles Merril Smith (1919-1985) was a United Methodist minister and the well-known author of such books as How to Become a Bishop Without Being Religious, When the Saints Go Marching Out and the Reverend Randollph mystery series.
- Author(s)Charles Merrill Smith,James W. Bennett
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication02/12/2005
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight132 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.