Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTop-selling Corwin Press author David Sousa presents a new book that offers research-based insights about brain research and classroom management. How the Brain Influences Behavior helps teachers turn information on brain functions into practical classroom management strategies and activities. This resource includes basic brain facts that can help teachers assist students in behaving, information on how the brain's processes impact behavior, and tips on deterring inappropriate behaviour in the classroom.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Sousa, EdD, an international consultant in educational neuroscience, has written 16 books for educators and parents on ways of using brain research to improve teaching and learning. He has conducted workshops for more than two hundred thousand educators in hundreds of school districts on brain research and science education at the pre-K to Grade 12 and university levels. He has presented at national conventions of educational organizations and to regional and local school districts across the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. Dr. Sousa has a bachelor of science degree in chemistry from Bridgewater (Massachusetts) State University, a master of arts degree in teaching science from Harvard University, and a doctorate from Rutgers University. His teaching experience covers all levels. He has taught high school science and has served as a K-12 director of science, a supervisor of instruction, and a district superintendent in New Jersey schools. He has been an adjunct professor of education at Seton Hall University and at Rutgers University. A past president of the National Staff Development Council (now called Learning Forward), Dr. Sousa has edited science books and published numerous articles in leading educational journals on staff development, science education, and brain research. He has received awards from professional associations, school districts, and Bridgewater State University (Distinguished Alumni Award), and several honorary doctorates for his commitment and contributions to research, staff development, and science education. He has been interviewed on the NBC Today show and on National Public Radio about his work with schools using brain research. He makes his home in south Florida.
- Author(s)David A. Sousa
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.