Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the extraordinary story of a 65-yr-old woman who lies dying in a London hospital. As she's in the process of being ferried across to the other world (which turns out to be remarkably like this one), she reflects on her husbands, her children, her entire life. Brilliant and witty as always, Self has this time written a vel that carries a huge emotional punch in its portrait of a wonderful middle-aged woman - based apparently on his mother. 'He has shown that literature can still be great' - Evening Standard .
- Author BiographyWill Self is the author of a number of books of short stories and two previous novels, My Idea of Fun and Great Apes - all are published by Penguin in paperback. He has three children, and is married to the Independent columnist Deborah Orr. They live in London.
- Author(s)Will Self
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/09/2011
- Weight296 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.