All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow the End Begins juxtaposes the world's seductions and incessant clamoring for more with the invisible world: the quiet, the call of the desert, and the pull to faith. The book chronicles this move toward faith and away from the dingen (things or stuff). Within the worlds of these poems are Orthodox monks, Emily Dickinson, arexic patients inside a hospital ward, Larry Levis, Ingeborg Bachmann, Thomas Bernhard, Captain Beefheart, Henry Darger, Jean Genet, Goya, Karen Carpenter, Joan of Arc, and, of course, God. How the End Begins is a burning down, a kind of end of the world while, at the same time, a new, triumphant beginning.
- Author BiographyCYNTHIA CRUZ is the author of three previous poetry collections. She has received fellowships from Yaddo and the MacDowell Colony as well as a Hodder Fellowshipfrom Princeton University. She teaches at Sarah Lawrence College.
- Author(s)Cynthia Cruz
- PublisherFour Way Books
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFour Way Books
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.53Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.