All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $24.80New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.79
About this product
- DescriptionIn How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home, Dr. Derek W. H. Thomas explores Romans 8, which he calls the best chapter in the Bible. Here he finds an exposition of the steps through which God leads His people in the process of their salvation, but also loving counsel on such topics as prayer and resisting the Devil, as well as exhortations and comforts for weary pilgrims. Dr. Thomas begins at Romans 8:1 with the best news imaginable believers just and deserved condemnation before God has been taken away by Jesus Christ s work on the cross. He then contrasts earthly minded and spiritually minded people, showing that only those who are spiritually minded kw life.In Romans 8:29 30, he explores several steps in the process of salvation forekwledge, predestination, calling, justification, and, finally, glorification which show God s invincible purpose in redemption. Finally, he unfolds the powerful promise of the final few verses of Romans 8 thing can separate those God has redeemed from His saving love. How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home is a powerful exploration of the manifold gifts the heavenly Father has lavished upon His people and a preview of the greater inheritance that lies ahead.
- Author BiographyDr. Derek W. H. Thomas is the associate minister at First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, South Carolina, and an adjunct professor of systematic theology at Reformed Theologiacal Seminary. He is a council member of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, which he also serves as editorial director and as editor of Reformation 21, the Alliance's online magazine. A native of Wales, Dr. Thomas graduated from RTS in 1978, then pastored for seventeen years in Belfast, Northern Ireland. He earned his PhD from the University of Wales, Lampeter. He served as the minister of teaching at First Presbyterian Church in Jackson, Mississippi, before his call to Columbia. He has written numerous books, including The Storm Breaks; Job Simply Explained; Wisdom: The Key to Living God's Way; and Praying the Savior's Way, based on the Lord's Prayer. He also co-edited Give Praise to God: A Vision for Reforming Worship. His interests include the music of Anton Bruckner, Richard Wagner, and Gustav Mahler, and he has a passion for good coffee. Dr. Thomas and his wife, Rosemary, have been married for almost thirty-five years. They have two adult children and two grandchildren, Hannah and Daniel.
- Author(s)Dr Derek W H Thomas
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width168 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Narrator(s)Dr Derek W H Thomas
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time305
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.