All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic Seussian tale tells the story of the disgruntled Grinch and his fiendish attempts to steal Christmas from the citizens of Who-ville. With wacky rhymes and zany illustrations from the master himself, it has been a seasonal favourite with young readers for over 40 years. As the second step in a major rebrand programme, HarperCollins is relaunching 10 more hilarious Dr. Seuss books, including such all-time favourites as 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas!', 'Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?' and 'Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book'. In response to consumer demand, the bright new cover designs incorporate much-needed guidance on reading levels, with standard paperbacks divided into three reading strands - Blue Back Books for parents to share with young children, Green Back Books for budding readers to tackle on their own, and Yellow Back Books for older, more fluent readers to enjoy. 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas!' belongs to the Yellow Back Book range. It has also been adapted for the big screen, and is w a blockbuster movie starring the irrepressible Jim Carrey.
- Author BiographyTheodor Seuss Geisel - better known to his millions of fans as Dr. Seuss - was born the son of a park superintendent in Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1904. After studying at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, and later at Oxford University in England, he became a magazine humorist and cartoonist, and an advertising man. He soon turned his many talents to writing children's books, and his first book - 'And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street' - was published in 1937. His greatest claim to fame was the one and only 'The Cat in the Hat', published in 1957, the first of a successful range of early learning books known as Beginner Books.
- Author(s)Dr. Seuss
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/10/2003
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleDr. Seuss - Yellow Back Book
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width163 mm
- Height225 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dr. Seuss
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Reading AgeFrom 5 From 4 To 7 To 8
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Most relevant reviews
- lordnelson201303 Nov, 2014by
A really good read for the young mind.
I bought because I wanted my granddaughter to have the original story written by the great Dr Seuss. She enjoyed the book immensely. It was good to compare it to the other book that had been based on the movie.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.