All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Hope Bryant, successful self-made businessman and founder of the nprofit Operation HOPE, says business and political leaders are igring the one force that could truly re-energize the stalled American ecomy: the poor. If we give poor communities the right tools, policies, and inspiration, he argues, they will be able to lift themselves up into the middle class and become a new generation of customers and entrepreneurs. Raised in poverty-stricken, gang-infested South Central Los Angeles, Bryant saw firsthand how our institutions have abandoned the poor. He details how business loans, home loans, and financial investments have vanished from their communities. After decades of deprivation, the poor lack bank accounts, decent credit scores, and any real firsthand experience of how a healthy free enterprise system functions. Bryant radically redefines the meaning of poverty and wealth. (It's t just a question of finances; it's values too. ) He exposes why attempts to aid the poor so far have fallen short and offers a way forward: the HOPE Plan, a series of straightforward, actionable steps to build financial literacy and expand opportunity so that the poor can join the middle class. Fully 70 percent of the American ecomy is driven by consumer spending, but more and more people have too much month at the end of their money. John Hope Bryant aspires to expand the philosophy of free enterprise to include all of God's children and create a thriving ecomy that works t just for the 1 percent or even the 99 percent but for the 100 percent. This is a free enterprise approach to solving the problem of poverty and raising up a new America.
- Author(s)John Hope Bryant
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width56 mm
- Height83 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.