Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionA young activist reveals that the Pro-Life Movement's real agenda in America is a war on contraception, family-planning and sexual freedom. A pithy polemic bolstered by solid research, intellectual heft, and firsthand reporting, this is a book poised to change the debate over reproductive rights in this America. As activist and writer Cristina Page shows, the gains made by birth-control advocates (historically) and pro-choice organizations (currently) have formed the bedrock of freedoms few Americans would choose to live without. Now, t only is the future of legal abortion far from guaranteed, in many parts of the country ready access to many forms of contraception is in jeopardy as well. And that development, Page argues, should have all Americans, regardless of moral or political persuasion, deeply concerned. Page crystallizes the thoughts and attitudes of a generation of women and men whose voices are seldom heard in the political arena. How the Pro-Choice Movement Saved America is the first book to address the positive transformation the ability to plan when and if to have children has had on society. It also exposes the anti-choice movement's far-reaching-and dangerous-agenda.
- Author BiographyCristina Page is Vice President of the Institute for Reproductive Health Access of NARAL Pro-Choice New York. She lives with her husband and son in New York City.
- Author(s)Christina Page
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication05/12/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width135 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.