All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn How the West Was Lost, the New York Times bestselling author Dambisa Moyo offers a bold account of the decline of the ecomic supremacy of the West. She examines how the West's flawed financial decisions and blinkered political and military choices have resulted in an ecomic and geopolitical seesaw that is w poised to tip in favor of the emerging world. As Western ecomies hover on the brink of recession, emerging ecomies post double-digit growth rates. And whereas in the past, emerging ecomies lived and died by America's ecomic performance, w they look to other emerging countries to buy their goods and fuel their success.Formerly a consultant for the World Bank and an investment banker specializing in emerging markets at Goldman Sachs, Moyo daringly claims that the West can longer afford to simply regard the up-and-comers as menacing gate-crashers. How the West Was Lost reveals t only the ecomic myopia of the West but also the radical solutions that it needs to adopt in order to assert itself as a global ecomic power once again.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Zambia, Dambisa Moyo is an international economist who writes on the macroeconomy and global affairs. She earned her Ph.D. in economics from Oxford University and her master's degree from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. She is the author of the New York Times bestseller Dead Aid, which details the inefficacy of development aid for poor countries. Named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time magazine, she writes regularly for Financial Times, the Economist, the Wall Street Journal, and other publications. Anne Flosnik is an accomplished, multi-award-winning British actress, with lead credits for stage, television, commercials, industrials, voice-overs, and audiobooks. Anne has garnered three AudioFile Earphones Awards, an ALA Award, and four Audie Award nominations. Her narration of Little Bee by Chris Cleave was chosen as one of the Best Audiobooks of the Year 2009 by AudioFile magazine and one of the Top 40 Best Audiobooks of 2009 by Library Journal.
- Author(s)Dambisa Moyo
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Anne Flosnik
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time480
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.32Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.