All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $39.68Free postage
- AU $46.22Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a complete how-to book, showing both beginning and experienced artists how to airbrush, pinstripe, and goldleaf. Meant for automotive and motorcycle applications, the projects seen in this new book are done primarily with automotive paints because of their durability and super bright pigments. The projects themselves range from simple airbrush and pinstripe art, to more complex graphics and flame jobs that require the use of all three art forms. Twelve start-to-finish how-to sequences make up the bulk of this book. Each is documented from the first sketch to the multiple steps that lead to finished art. Nothing is left out, the photo record of each project is thorough and captures each part of the process. Captions are written by the artists, making each chapter more like a one-on-one teaching session than a simple how-to lesson. Each of these sequences is done by a well kwn artist, men and women like Leah Gall, Lenni Schwartz, Vince Goodeve, and East Coast Artie. And each artist takes time out from painting for a Q&A session. Learn why Leah Gall uses an Iwata airbrush, why Lenni Schwartz prefers a double-zero brush from Mack, and which brand of goldleaf Keith Hanson prefers. Though there are other books that discuss pinstriping or airbrush art, there are very few books that cover all three means of embellishing and personalizing cars, trucks and motorcycles. With 144 pages and over 500 color photos, How-To: Airbrush, Pinstripe and Goldleaf belongs on the book shelf of any aspiring or established artist.
- Author BiographyBest known for motorcycle titles like How to Build a Chopper and How to Build a Cheap Chopper, how-to author Tim Remus is also the author of custom painting books like Advanced Airbrush Art and fabrication titles like Ultimate Sheet Metal Fabrication. Today the former auto mechanic runs a small publishing company, Wolfgang Publications, located in Stillwater, Minnesota. Some of his personal projects include a recently finished 250-tire Softail and an old Henry J hot rod he says may never be finished. He lives in Stillwater, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Timothy Remus
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- SubjectTransport: General
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Out-of-print date21/05/2015
- Content Note500 Colour
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.