Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe skill of asking the right question at the right time and in a way that works is an essential skill for business leaders that can save your company millions of dollars....and even save the company. This practical, hands-on book, is packed with techniques, examples, and exercises. You will learn: 1. questions that highly effective business leaders ask - questions that make a significant difference to your business every day 2. a powerful new model that enables you to use questions and language to shift, shape and influence thinking and awareness so that you can: .negotiate more effectively .quickly identify potential risks .turn problems into solutions .coach with skill .resolve conflict .handle criticism and disagreement .improve performance .turn resistance to change into ownership of change You will learn to identify the language patterns that create traps and pitfalls (and financial loss) for the unsuspecting business leader, together with questioning strategies to deal with those patterns, including how to: .probe, test, clarify, verify and elicit facts .recognise when someone is avoiding a problem or hiding information .ensure the best information and data is obtained for due diligence enquiries .identify hidden motivators and agendas .negotiate more effectively .challenge assumptions, beliefs and opinions and identify facts and risk .turn resistance to change into ownership of change .expose deficiencies in proposals, reports, process and strategy .clarify meaning and intention of other people. WARNING: The contents of this book may cause the following symptoms: .Action .Responsibility .Accountability .Elimination of excuses, blame, justification .Focus and clarity .Greatly increased vitality of your people and business .Quicker and more effective meetings .Improved performance and productivity .Reduce potential risks .Straight talk, accurate thinking .'Can do' attitude.
- Author BiographyChristo Norden-Powers is a former trial lawyer who developed an interest in human performance and meditation in the 1970's. In 1984 Christo trained and coached 15 Australian Olympic athletes, including medallists Gary Honey and Debbie Flintoff-King, in how to generate and maintain peak performance states using both Eastern and Western techniques. His work then quickly spread to companies that were interested in developing peak performance in their people, and soon after to the development of corporate cultures that generate and support sustained high performance. Christo left the legal profession in 1985 to pursue his interest in transforming companies. In the period 1985 - 1987 Christo and colleagues designed and implemented one of the largest corporate cultural change projects in the southern hemisphere. The team trained 14,000 people during those years in a hands-on change process that ultimately led Christo in the early 90's to develop the powerful and highly effective MasterProcess (coaching and facilitaton process)and Change MasterProcess programs. More recently, Christo designed the workshop Powerful Questions, and delivers that program in-house for private business clients, as well as for the Australian Institute of Company Directors, the Australian Institute of Management and the Institute of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Secretaries Australia. Christo is widely regarded as a highly skilled corporate transformation consultant and an outstanding facilitator and executive coach. Christo has provided training, coaching and/or consulting services to many well-known organisations and individuals including Telstra (Telecom Australia), TNT, Kelloggs, B&Q (U.K.), Metropolitan Police (U.K.), National Mutual, Selleys, Australian Taxation Office, Coca-Cola, Murdoch Magazines, MTE, Reckitt & Colman, Australia Post, Ernst & Young, FDS (UK), CVC, Australian Life Coaching Academy, Australian Institute of Executive Coaching, Brisbane City Council, Australian Olympic Athletes, AFL footballers. He has contributed numerous articles on leadership, management and governance to varous profesional and business journals. He has spoken at major conferences, including the (2006) international Project Management (ProMAC) conference in Sydney, Australia on the design, implementation and management of complex corporate transformation initiatives.
- Author(s)Christo Norden-Powers
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSt Ives, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.