All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the death of his grandfather, Leo's number one chore has been to chase after his grandmother who seems to wander away from home every few days. Now, Gram's decided to roam farther than ever. And despite his misgivings, Leo's going along for the ride. With his seventeen-year-old cousin, Abbey, and an old, gassy dog named Kermit, Leo joins Gram in a big, old Buick to leave their Pennsylvania home for a cross-country road trip filled with fold-out maps, family secrets, new friends, and disaur bones. How to Avoid Extinction is a middle grade comedy about death and food and family and fossils. It's about running away from home and coming back again. For Leo, it's about asking hard questions and hopefully finding some sensible answers. As if good sense has anything to do with it. Against a backdrop of America's stunning size and beauty, it's also about growing up, getting old, dreaming about immortality, and figuring out all the things we can -- and can't -- leave behind.
- Author BiographyPaul Acampora has written three novels and people have said nice things about each of them. Kids, parents and critics praise his work for its laugh-out-loud humor, rollicking dialogue, and heartfelt characters. He is the author of Defining Dulcie, which School Library Journal called an inextricable mix of sadness and humor, sorrow and hope, and Rachel Spinelli Punched Me in the Face, which Kirkus Reviews described as an outstanding, humane coming-of-age tale of loss, yearning and forgiveness, and I Kill the Mockingbird which, according to Booklist, is [a] well-written, resolutely cheerful offering [which] celebrates books, reading, and life. You can find Paul online at www.paulacampora.com.
- Author(s)Paul Acampora
- PublisherScholastic Press
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Press
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.