All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Ira Lipman, founder and chairman of Guardsmark, one of the world s largest security service companies, this valuable guide will show you and your family how to protect yourself from identity theft, predators, scams, intruders and more! How to Be Safe is the most comprehensive safety and security manual on the market, encouraging individuals to take a positive, preventive approach to their own safety. This well-researched reference, written by the founder and chairman of Guardsmark, one of the world s largest security service companies, shows you how to protect yourself from crime even when challenged by the greatest odds. Jam-packed with unique tips and handy guidelines to deal with muggers, burglars, stalkers, and worse, HOW TO BE SAFE reveals what attracts criminals to you, your home, your loved ones, or your business and provides the proven tactics to scare them off. From securing your home with tips from the professionals to protecting your investments and arming your computer with the best virus-protection software, the information inside will help you stay one step ahead of even the savviest criminal minds. If you re concerned about becoming a victim of crime, keep this book handy and follow its practical and personally relevant advice. Learn the secrets of the security pros and discover how to Secure your home while on vacation. Establish a safe workplace. Protect kids from violence and bullying. Stay safe when jogging, shopping, or taking mass transportation. Detect an unsafe college campus. Avoid Internet scams and e-mail traps. Select a safe nursing home or daycare center. Deal with sexual assault and stalkers. Respond to a terrorist attack. And so much more!
- Author BiographyIra A. Lipman is the founder, Chief Executive Officer, and owner of Guardsmark, a privately held security services company with 153 branch offices in the United States of America, Canada, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom and France. Known for its innovative security concepts and rigid standards of excellence, Guardsmark is one of the world s largest security service companies. In 1992, Time magazine cited Guardsmark as the company which many security experts consider the best national firm in the business. In 2002, Ira Lipman won both the Corporate Citizenship Award from the Committee for Economic Development and the Stanley C. Pace Award for Leadership in Ethics from the Ethics Resource Center. He has written for the public on a wide range of security topics and contributes regularly to the professional literature of the security field. He is also the editor and publisher of The Lipman Report, a specialized monthly management newsletter. He has served on the boards of more than 40 organizations and holds membership in numerous others.
- Author(s)Ira A Lipman
- PublisherReader's Digest Association
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReader's Digest Association
- Weight640 g
- Width143 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byPaul Tagliabue
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.