How to Be a Christian in a Brave New World by Nigel M. de S. Cameron, Joni Eareckson Tada (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work features stem-cell research, cloning, and genetic engineering. Today, discoveries in biotechlogy are occurring so rapidly that we can barely begin to address one ethical debate before ather looms overhead. This brave new world we've entered is a daunting one as well, with disturbing implications for the sanctity of life and for human nature itself. How should we respond as Christians? Drawing on an abundance of cutting-edge information and life experience, Joni Eareckson Tada and Nigel M. de S. Cameron help you think through issues Christian can afford to igre. As a quadriplegic who has spent three decades advocating for the disability community out of a wheelchair, Joni offers the insights of a woman intimately acquainted with suffering and struggle. Dr. Cameron shares from his vast kwledge as one of today's foremost bioethics. Together, they offer deeply informed perspectives on such pressing issues as human cloning, designer babies, redefining human nature, and human harvesting. Here is thoughtful, passionate, and gripping reading about the world that is coming - that, indeed, is already here - and how to live out your faith with conviction in its midst.
- Author BiographyNigel M. de S. Cameron, Ph.D., a speaker, writer and consultant, is Research Professor of Bioethics at the Illinois Institute of Technology, and President of the Institute on Biotechnology and the Human Future (thehumanfuture.org). He is also senior fellow of the Wilberforce Forum, Charles W. Colson's Christian worldview think tank in Washington, D.C., and director of its affiliated Council for Biotechnology Policy (biotechpolicy.org). Dr. Cameron lives in Deerfield, Illinois, with his wife Shenach. They have five children and four grandchildren. Joni Eareckson Tada is the founder of Joni and Friends, an organization accelerating Christian outreach in the disability community that numbers 610 million people worldwide. This organization operates out of the new Joni and Friends International Disability Center located in Agoura, California. Joni is not only an international disability advocate, but an artist and the author of numerous best-selling books, including Diamonds in the Dust, More Precious Than Silver, the Platinum award-winning Joni, Heaven: Your Real Home, When God Weeps, and The God I Love. Joni Eareckson Tada es fundadora y presidenta del Ministerio JAF Joni and Friends [Joni y sus amigos], una organizacion dedicada a alcanzar vidas para Cristo dentro de la comunidad de los incapacitados. Es ademas autora de muchos libros.
- Author(s)Joni Eareckson Tada,Nigel M. de S. Cameron
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Content NoteB & W Line
- Weight308 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 99 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.