All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom bestselling authors Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus comes a timely vel about a forty-something wife and mother thrust back into the workforce, where she finds herself at the mercy of a boss half her age. Rory McGovern is entering the ostensible prime of her life when her husband, Blake, loses his dream job and anunces he feels like taking a break from being a husband and father. Rory was already spread thin and w, without warning, she is single-parenting two kids, juggling their science projects, flu season, and pajama days, while coming to terms with her disintegrating marriage. And without Blake, her only hope is to accept a full-time position working for two full-time twenty-somethings. A day out of b-school, these girls think they kw it all and have been given the millions from venture capitalists to back up their delusion that the future of digital media is a high-end lifestyle site for kids! (Not that anyone who works there has any, or kws the first thing about actual children.) Can Rory learn to decipher her bosses lingo, texts that read like license plates, and arbitrary mandates? And is there any hope of saving her marriage? With her family hanging by a thread, Rory must adapt to this hyper-digitized, over-glamorized, narcissistic world of millennials whatever it takes. Since their diabolically funny ( The New York Times, on The Nanny Diaries ) debut, Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus have proven their ability to illuminate provocative issues with wry wit and heartfelt emotion. How to Be a Grown-up is an entertaining and insightful story sure to resonate with all those readers who first fell in love with The Nanny Diaries.
- Author BiographyEmma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus are the New York Times bestselling authors of The Nanny Diaries, which was made into a motion picture, Citizen Girl, Dedication, Nanny Returns, Between You and Me, The First Affair, and their young adult novels, The Real Real and Over You. They work together in New York City. For more information visit EmmaAndNicola.com.
- Author(s)Emma McLaughlin,Nicola Kraus
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Weight408 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $14.46Trending at AU $15.42
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.