All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times Book Review Editors' ChoiceWe all relish a good scandal. Why do people feel compelled to act out their tangled psychodramas on the national stage, and why do we so enjoy watching them? The motifs are classic revenge, betrayal, ambition, madness though the pitfalls are ones we all negotiate daily. After all, every one of us is a potential scandal in the making: failed self-kwledge and colossal self-deception the necessary ingredients are our collective plight. How to Become a Scandal is an extremely smart, funny, acid, and beautifully written meditation on a scary truth that we all try desperately to igre (David Shields, author of Reality Hunger: A Manifesto ).
- Author BiographyLaura Kipnis is the author of Against Love: A Polemic and The Female Thing: Dirt, Sex, Envy, Vulnerability, which have been translated into fifteen languages. She is a professor in the Department of Radio/TV/Film at Northwestern University, has received fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the Rockefeller Foundation, and has contributed to Slate, Harper's, The Nation, and The New York Times Magazine. She lives in New York and Chicago.
- Author(s)Laura Kipnis
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.