Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionNew and Improved! Now even more hilarious, Inner-city adventures! One business owner's hilarious, Laugh-a-mile-a-minute romp through the inner city. Most people believe owning a business is a walk in the park. Sure, it can be, if it's a charming little donut shop in the country. However, t in this case! Matt Ponticello retires early from the comfort and security of the corporate world and opens an auto body repair shop deep in the inner city. Yeah, take a walk in the park around here, that's if you can find one, and see how long you last before you're mugged for cigarettes and loose change. So begins How to Beg for Cigarettes, the story of one business owner's hilarious laugh-a-mile-a-minute romp through the bowels of the inner city, where he finds a real and sometimes surreal cast of characters, with a city, a business, and a staff of employees to match. Amidst the daily dangers and confrontations in this harsh environment, he struggles with his own personal battle - whether to stay in business and suffer an inevitable nervous breakdown or return to the calm of retirement. From petty theft to murder, Ponticello rummages through America's inner-cities, searching for the humor and good in even the worst-case scenarios, taking a romantic pride in the city's dangers - genuine and predictable - and approaches a six-block walk for coffee every morning as if it's an epic adventure filled with peril.
- Author(s)Matt Ponticello
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.