All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBirdie McAdam, a ten-year-old orphan, is tougher than she looks. She's proud of her job as apprentice to Alfred the Bogler, a man who catches monsters for a living. Birdie lures the bogles out of their lairs with her sweet songs, and Alfred kills them before they kill her. On the mean streets of Victorian England, hunting bogles is actually less dangerous work than mudlarking for scraps along the vile river Thames (see glossary!). Or so it seems until the orphans of London start to disappear . . .
- Author BiographyCatherine Jinks, winner of a Centenary Medal for her contribution to Australian childrens literature, is the author of many books for children of all ages, including the acclaimed Evil Genius trilogy. She lives with her family in New South Wales, Australia. Visit her website at www.catherinejinks.com.
- Author(s)Catherine Jinks
- PublisherHmh Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHow to Catch a Bogle
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHmh Books for Young Readers
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sarah Watts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.